Kobo eBooks on Your Kindle Fire
Reading Kobo eBooks on a Kindle Fire entails "sideloading" the Kobo Reader App (which also works for the Nook Color and other Android Tablets).
To install the Kobo app:
• First, configure your Kindle to allow sideloaded apps. Tap the Settings gear at the top right of the home screen, and then tap the "More” button.
• From the Settings menu, select “Device”
• Toward the bottom of this screen is a toggle that says “Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources.” Switch this toggle from Off to On.
• A nasty security warning appears. Tap OK. You can now install sideloaded apps.
• Point your browser to http://www.kobobooks.com
• Point to the Free Apps section and download the Kobo App for Android
• (Optional) If you would like to disable sideloaded apps again, simply follow the first few steps and change the “Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources” toggle back to Off again.
And now, to buy an eBook:
- Go to readinutopia.com and search for your eBook
- Click on the Buy Ebook Now Button to switch to the Kobo website to complete your purchase
- Create a Kobo account or sign in with the one you have. Purchases made through links from readinutopia.com will send a portion of the sale back to Arcadia Books.
- Complete the sale with Kobo.
Reading your eBook:
Open your Kobo reader App, select your book, and start reading!